Friday, February 8, 2013

In My Mailbox Part Deux


In My Mailbox (weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren)

I read extremely fast.  Like ridiculously fast.  Sometimes I wish I read a lot slower because I tend to fly through books so quickly that I just couldn't afford to buy them anymore at $10/each!  When I got a Kindle and discovered free and cheap self published books, it was like


But then I realized that a LOT of those free books were crap.  While I still love seeking out those diamonds in the rough when it comes to self published books, I really wanted to read all the stuff coming from the big name publishers too.  However, when you read 300+ books a year, those can be big $$.  Then, I discovered the library.






Yeah, I know.  I probably should have discovered it long ago, but what can I say?  I like to own books and re-read them.  I still buy a lot, especially the ones by authors I know I will want to re-read, but DAMN the library is awesome!  I usually go once every 7-10 days and pick up a bunch of books.  Here's my current haul, which I'm extremely excited about!  I've already read four of them!




Hope everyone else is having a great week!  Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you got some good books this week! I hope you enjoy Just One Day and Crewel - I really liked both of those, particularly just One Day. I also hope you like Everneath - I wasn't a huge fan of that one, but it seems most people are, so I hope you like it more than I liked it! I'v eheard great things about Grave Mercy, but have yet to read it, so I hope that works well for you, too. Great haul, Kala!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I liked Just One Day quite a bit! Haven't gotten to Crewel or Everneath yet though. I read Unearthly (great!), Two-Way Street (eh, ok), and The Thing About the Truth (also just ok). Working on In Honor at the moment. :D

    ReplyDelete