Thursday, December 20, 2012

Opal by Jennifer Armentrout



Title: Opal (Lux#3)
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Blurb:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


Links:
Opal on Goodreads
 
 Kala's Review:

I'm not very good at writing spoiler free reviews, but I'll try here.

Opal starts off right around where we left off in Onyx. I hadn't touched this series since I read Onyx, but I was fortunately able to remember enough to not be lost when I started Opal.

Katy has finally accepted her feelings for Daemon and they've started what could be termed as a "real" relationship. And I LOVE it! Daemon is so sweet here, especially with his adorable date nights. He's still Daemon, and Katy is still her same snarky self, but together they're just so cute. I don't generally fangirl over book guys, but the Daemon in Opal is really starting to bring it out in me!

The plotline with the government and the other aliens is pretty tumultuous here and just keeps getting better and better! There is plenty of action mixed in with all the romantic Katy/Daemon time.

Jennifer Armentrout also will absolutely KILL you with the ending. As soon as I finished I immediately went to look up the release date of Origin (the next book in the series) and whined profusely when I saw how long I'd have to wait. UGH KILLER CLIFFHANGER ARMENTROUT! EVIL EVIL WOMAN!

If you liked Obsidian and Onyx, you'll like Opal. For me, Opal was like a combination of all the good stuff in Obsidian and Onyx - sexual tension and romance between Katy/Daemon, crazy alien action scenes, government intrigue and mystery, an ending that will leave you absolutely clamoring for more... what else could you ask for?

4 out of 5 stars.

Link to Kala's review on Goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/470118090

No comments:

Post a Comment