Monday, December 31, 2012

My Top Ten Books of 2012

Kala's Top Ten Books of 2012

In no particular order, here are my ten favorite books from this year.  My favorite genres are, in case it wasn't obvious by my reviews, young adult/new adult romance and paranormal.  Some of these books were published prior to 2012, but I didn't read them until this year. 

Slammed by Colleen Hoover *

When I bought Slammed, it was still a self published book and I had zero expectations.  I was absolutely blown away by Hoover's story and have since bought and read and devoured and enjoyed her other two books.  Can't wait to see more!


* Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

I heard about this from some reviewers I follow on Goodreads, all of whom LOVED it.  I definitely did too!  Can't wait to read the sequel in 2013.

* Easy by Tammara Webber *

Easy is another one that was self published when I first read it and it totally WOWed me.  This was the second "New Adult" book I read and it's what got me hooked on the genre.

* Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama *

The best mermaid story I've ever read.  Hands down.  Every other mermaid book I've read has been fluffy and silly.  Monstrous Beauty blew me away.

* Daughter of Smoke and Bone / Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor


These two books are probably the best books I've read. Ever.  Laini Taylor is not only obscenely creative, but also ridiculously talented. 

* Saving June by Hannah Harrington *

I wasn't sure what to expect when I was approved for this one on Netgalley.com, but I was really pleasantly surprised when I finished this amazing novel about a girl dealing with the aftermath of her sister's suicide.

* On Dublin Street by Samantha Young *


I call this book "What 50 Shades SHOULD Have Been" because it's all the good parts (the hot, sexy alpha male lead, the steamy sex scenes, the romance) without all the bad (abusive stalker male lead, wussy pathetic female lead).  I haven't read any of Samantha Young's young adult stuff, but she's definitely a huge talent in the erotic romance field.


* Insurgent by Veronica Roth *

The sequel to Divergent wasn't quite as good as it's predecessor, but it was still pretty amazing!  I love this series - it's unique and interesting and fun.  Roth has done a great job creating a world that will suck you in from page one.

* Something Like Normal by Trish Doller *


This one is told from a male point of view about a soldier dealing with PTSD after coming back from the war.  That sounds pretty heavy, but the book is actually a sweet love story between him and a girl he used to know from high school who helps him deal with his demons.  Great book!


* Onyx / Opal by Jennifer Armentrout *


Who would have thought an alien love story could be this awesome?  Not me!  But it IS!  I absolutely LOVE the Lux series and, fortunately, Jennifer Armentrout is a prolific and quick writer.  No waiting years for sequels in this series!  THANK GOD! 

Hope you guys enjoyed the list!  Happy New Year to everyone, and here's to a bunch more great books in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment