In no particular order, here are my ten favorite books from this year. My favorite genres are, in case it wasn't obvious by my reviews, young adult/new adult romance and paranormal. Some of these books were published prior to 2012, but I didn't read them until this year.
* Slammed by Colleen Hoover *
* Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
* Easy by Tammara Webber *
* Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama *
* Daughter of Smoke and Bone / Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
These two books are probably the best books I've read. Ever. Laini Taylor is not only obscenely creative, but also ridiculously talented.
* Saving June by Hannah Harrington *
* On Dublin Street by Samantha Young *
I call this book "What 50 Shades SHOULD Have Been" because it's all the good parts (the hot, sexy alpha male lead, the steamy sex scenes, the romance) without all the bad (abusive stalker male lead, wussy pathetic female lead). I haven't read any of Samantha Young's young adult stuff, but she's definitely a huge talent in the erotic romance field.
* Insurgent by Veronica Roth *
* Something Like Normal by Trish Doller *
This one is told from a male point of view about a soldier dealing with PTSD after coming back from the war. That sounds pretty heavy, but the book is actually a sweet love story between him and a girl he used to know from high school who helps him deal with his demons. Great book!
* Onyx / Opal by Jennifer Armentrout *
Who would have thought an alien love story could be this awesome? Not me! But it IS! I absolutely LOVE the Lux series and, fortunately, Jennifer Armentrout is a prolific and quick writer. No waiting years for sequels in this series! THANK GOD!
Hope you guys enjoyed the list! Happy New Year to everyone, and here's to a bunch more great books in 2013!